- Doctor of Nursing Practice – University of North Florida, Jacksonville, FL
- Master of Science in Nursing – University of North Florida, Jacksonville, FL
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing – University of North Florida, Jacksonville, FL
- Associates in Science in Respiratory Care – Florida State College at Jacksonville
- Associates in Science in Emergency Care – Florida State College at Jacksonville
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
- Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner
- Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Paramedic Certification
Respiratory physiology, clinical anesthesia, office-based anesthesia, flight medicine, regional anesthesia
Cameron Cushenbery, DNP, CRNA, ARNP is a founding partner and current chief operating officer for Sunbelt Anesthesia Services, LLC. SAS provides comprehensive anesthesia services to office-based practices in the surrounding area, as well as, a busy ambulatory surgical center in Jacksonville, Florida. Dr. Cushenbery graduated from the University of North Florida, Jacksonville, FL with a Master of Science in Nursing in 2008 followed by earning his Doctor of Nursing Practice degree in 2016. With over 20 years of vast healthcare experience, he is presently employed as a nurse anesthetist (CRNA) at St. Vincent’s Medical Center’s Family Birth Place, Jacksonville, Florida and previously at University of Florida Health Jacksonville. He began his professional career as respiratory therapist at St. Vincent’s Medical Center prior to becoming a firefighter/paramedic for St. John’s County Fire Rescue. After becoming a registered nurse he began working at Wolfson’s Children’s Hospital in the pediatric intensive care unit and Kids Kare Transport team. He also flew as a flight nurse for Life Flight 1, AirMethods Corporation prior to matriculation into the University of North Florida Nurse Anesthesia Program. Dr. Cushenbery is also a commissioned officer in the United States Navy Reserves, Navy Nurse Corps. In addition to his business and clinical responsibilities, he maintains his academic prowess by lecturing for the University of North Florida Nurse Anesthesia Program.
Dr. Cushenbery has been recognized by several distinguished awards including: The University of Florida Healthcare Clinical Instructor of the Year 2010 and Clinical Instructor of the Year awarded by The Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences Nurse Anesthetist School Class of 2011.